Peanut butter and chocolate, yum! I got this recipe from a 2005 isuue of Womans Day magazine and its presentation is nice enough for serving to guests or just treating yourself to a bit of indulgence. They're very rich, so don't let the small 9" pan size fool you ;)
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix (Triple Chocolate Decadence)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350*. Line a 9-inch quare pan with foil, letting foil extend above pan on opposite sides and coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix as package directs for fudgy brownies. Stir in peanut butter chips and peanuts, spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Filling: Beat peanut butter, marshmallow cream and butter in a medium bowl with mixer on high speed until well blended. Reduce speed to low, add confectioners sugar and beat until blended. Spread evenly over brownie.
- Glaze: Microwave chocolate and butter, stirring at 30-second intervals, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly; stir in corn syrup. Spread evenly over filling layer. Refrigerate 1 hour until filling is firm and glaze sets.
- Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board. Cut in 6 rows lengthwise and 6 crosswise.
- Refrigerate in a container with wax paper between layers up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.