Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend of mine made these awhile back and I thought they were so cute and the kids would just love them. So she shared the recipe with me.
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 24 minuature pretzel twists
- 24 M&M's
- Place chocolate and butter in saucepan, cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently, set aside.
- Spread bottom of each cookie with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, dip into melted chocolate mixture, immediately press 2 pretzel twists on chocolate for frog legs with wide part of prezels facing outward. Place, pretzel side down, on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Attach M & M's for eyes using remaining chocolate mixture or peanut butter.
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
These are very cute! And tasty as well! A little hard to eat (I used double stuf oreos) but still yummy :) I used the microwave to melt the choc, which was super easy but it was fairly thick so I pretty much had to spread the choc over the pb rather than dipping. I had enough choc leftover to make 4 extra frogs. I've just realized I may have put the legs on backwards lol but they are still cute :) Thanks for the recipe!
Like others I had some issues with dipping and had to spread the chocolate but they still taste good and look adorable. I chilled them pretzel side up for a while before attaching the eyes. These would be great for a kid's b'day party.! Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
These are adorable and fun to make. They are also a good combination of ingredients. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe.