Recipe by Chicopee
For all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers....this will satisfy the craving.
Top Review by Simple but Delicious
Delicious recipe! I'd recommend milk chocolate chips for this particular recipe. I usually use semi-sweet, but it was too over-powering of the peanut butter in this recipe. Milk chocolate gives a delicious, Reese's taste. I had no problem using a natural peanut butter. This recipe was a big hit with my fiance's family. What a relief!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl beat peanut butter and margarine until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla;beat until creamy.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 c chocolate morsels.
- Spread into ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 25-30 minutes -- or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate morsels.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until soft and shiny.
- Spread evenly over top.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.