Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
For all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers....this will satisfy the craving.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl beat peanut butter and margarine until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla;beat until creamy.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 c chocolate morsels.
- Spread into ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 25-30 minutes -- or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate morsels.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until soft and shiny.
- Spread evenly over top.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Delicious recipe! I'd recommend milk chocolate chips for this particular recipe. I usually use semi-sweet, but it was too over-powering of the peanut butter in this recipe. Milk chocolate gives a delicious, Reese's taste. I had no problem using a natural peanut butter. This recipe was a big hit with my fiance's family. What a relief!
These are yummy! Easy to make too. I used mini chocolate chips for the batter, and cut them into bite-sized pieces for a tiny-foods themed party at work. I got 80(!) pieces about 1" square. 25 minutes was perfect in my oven. I made these for PAC. Thanks for posting Chicopee!