Recipe by Claire #3
This recipe comes from a book called "Cookies by the Dozen". It makes exactly 12 beautiful cookies -- just enough to add to an existing cookie tray or share with a friend. These cookies are pretty, but very easy. If you add yellow and red food color to the batter, you'll have a great Halloween cookie.
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (I use Hershey's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In separate bowl, melt chocolate.
- I use the microwave.
- Mix in orange zest and let cool.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg yolk, milk and both extracts until fluffy.
- Fold in flour mixture (dry ingredients) and stir until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and forms dough.
- Slightly flatten dough and pour melted chocolate orange mixture over.
- Run a fork through to create dough with a marbled effect.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Lower oven heat to 350 and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, remove from cookies sheet.