Recipe by Mary K. W.
This recipe came from a local TV station. I'm putting it out here on Zaar for safe-keeping. Cooking time is chilling time in fridge.
Top Review by Mirj
This was an excellent non-dairy/vegan dessert, perfect for our Sabbath lunch on a hot day. I used Tofutti soy cream cheese and made my own cookie crust. The flavor combination of orange and chocolate is a favorite of ours, and I am certainly going to be making this again!
- 8 ounces vegetarian cream cheese
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejello instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy whipping cream
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- orange zest
- chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tofu, soy cream cheese and orange juice in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add orange extract, orange zest,orange juice concentrate, pudding and sugar; pulse to mix.
- Add whipping cream slowly to incorporate.
- Pour into pie shell and garnish with chocolate curls and orange zest.
- Chill overnight before serving.