Recipe by kapen
Half orange cookie, half chocolate cookie. Makes a cookie that is crisp around the edges and moist in the center. Both sides taste yummy and when combined are even yummier! They will spread when you bake them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter 30 seconds on medium. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer, stir in remaining flour with wooden spoon.
- Melt chocolates together and slightly cool. Divide dough in half. Stir orange peel into half, and melted chocolate in the other. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape each dough half into 10 inch long roll. Wrap in plastic and chill for 2-4 hours until firm enough to slice.
- Cut rolls length wise into halves. Reassemble rolls, alternating chocolate and orange. Wrap and chill until firm enough to slice, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut rolls into ¼ inch thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Be careful not to overbake, they will still be soft until they cool. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.