Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very flexible recipe. These baked apples are stuffed with nut butter (have made with both almond butter and peanut butter) and chocolate chips. **The amounts below are estimates as the amount you will need will very with how big your apple is and how much you hallow it out.
- 2 apples (any baking apple will do we like the Honey Crisp)
- 1 teaspoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or 1 tablespoon peanut butter, divided as you will be doing layers
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, divided as you will be doing layers
- Turn oven on to 355°F.
- Wash and core apples using either a apple corer or a small pairing knife.
- Stuff a few oats into the cored bottom of the apple, this will block the filling from draining out.
- Stuff some nut butter into each apple; stuff in a few chocolate chips fallowed by some more nut butter and topping off with a few more chips.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, again this will depend on the size and type of apple you are using. They should be tender but still holding there shape.
We cut apples in half and scooped out a bit to make a bowl. My son hates oats so we just used peanut butter and chocolate chips and he loved them!
I made 3 using granny smith apples and caramel chips and served with custard. I baked at 175C fan forced for 30 minutes but I think that was too high a temperature for my oven as the apples were well cooked and collapsing but still delicious served with thick custard. Thank you Debbwl. made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.