Recipe by Amanda Beth
These are so good! And they are pretty fast and very easy! Sort of like a brownie, sort of like a chocolate chip cookie. My son loves these. (And so do I!) From the Betty Crocker's Cookie Book.
Top Review by barbacious
I have already eaten 4 of these, and they are still hot. The batter seemed awful thin, but they baked up fine. They seem more like a cake than a brownie or cookie. No matter which, they are good and easy.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim works fine)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan.
- Blend sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cool five minutes.
- Blend flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat eggs into butter mixture.
- (You may need to temper the mixture first.) Add butter and egg mixture to flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cut into 2 x 1" bars.