Chocolate Nut Bars
photo by jake ryleysmommy
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1 cup peanut butter chips (I use a mix of all 3) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (I use a mix of all 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (any nuts can be subbed)
- Preheat oven to 375°f. Combine crumbs and butter, press firmly on bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan. Or for thicker bars you can use a 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 f.
- Melt condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla together in a small saucepan.
- Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips, then nuts.
- Press down firmly.I use a heat safe rubber spatula for this, if you use your hands expect to get sticky.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, use rubber spatula to press topping down again half way through cooking.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks J&R's Mom! Excellent for the cholcate lover with unlimited possibilities. I used a mixture of mini peanut butter cups, milk chcolate/caramel swirl chips, milk chocolate chips and white chocolagte chips. For nuts, I used cashew halves. This was a big hit. It will be fun to experiment with other combinations.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom with 2 boys. They are my pride and joy, and I am always trying to find new healthy foods to feed them. I love to cook, and my family loves to eat!!! So I spend a lot of my time trying new recipes out on them. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">