Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful little dessert. :) from my sister in law Debbie.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or double chocolate Ghirardelli)
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For chocolate cups
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- cupcake liners
- Bring 1/2 cup cream to simmer in small saucepan.
- Add chocolate; turn off heat.
- Cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Chill bowl and beaters of electric mixer.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/3 of this into chocolate mixture to make it lighter.
- Gently fold into the rest of the whipped cream.
- To make chocolate cups, melt chocolate chips.
- Using a pastry brush, "paint" the chocolate onto the cupcake liners.
- Put in freezer.
- When frozen, put some mousse into each chocolate cup.