Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great creamy cheesecake. Chocolate and Mint together is heaven!
- 30 grasshopper fudge mint cookies (Keebler)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- thawed frozen whipped topping
- creme de menthe thin candies, halved diagonally (Andes)
- mint leaf
- Coat an 8- or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Break up cookies into a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs.
- Transfer 1/4 cup crumbs to a small bowl; cover and reserve.
- Add butter to remaining crumbs and pulse until blended.
- Press into bottom of prepared pan; place in freezer.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan.
- Let stand 1 minute, then stir with a heatproof plastic spatula over medium-low heat until granules completely dissolve and liquid begins to steam.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk cocoa powder into warm water until well blended; set aside.
- Beat both bricks cream cheese and the sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in cocoa mixture, dissolved gelatin and mint extract until blended.
- Pour over the chilled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or until firm.
- Shortly before serving: Remove sides of pan.
- Using 2 broad spatulas, lift cake off springform-pan base onto a serving platter.
- Press reserved crumbs onto sides of cake.
- Drop small dollops of topping around top edge, then garnish with mint triangles and mint sprigs.
super easy, tastes wonderful!