Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this hot chocolate. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in I'm The Chef The Young Chef's Mexican Cookbook. For a quick and easy version of this recipe, follow these instructions: In a pot, boil 4 cups (1 liter) of milk, Add one tablet of Abuelita Chocolate. Stir until the tablet dissolves in the milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve hot.
Top Review by Annacia
Delicious. I made a single serving for lunch today and it wasn't enough the fill the mug . I added fat free evaporated milk to top the skim milk that I used. I got a rich tasting cocoa with a lovely body and texture. Also, I used 1 tbsp of Splenda in place of the sugar. Thanks for posting this one, :D.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (125 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (60 ml)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (1 ml)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (5 ml)
- 1 cup cold water (250 ml)
- 4 cups milk (1 liter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (10 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar, cocoa, salt, flour, cinnamon, and water in a large saucepan. Place the saucepan over low heat and stir until the mixture dissolves into the water.
- After the mixture is dissolved, turn up the temperature of the stove to medium-high. Stir the mixture until it boils. Boils for 3-5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the milk. Continue to stir until the milk is hot, but not boiling.
- Just before the milk boils, remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract, and serve!