Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, pureed, strained
- 2 bananas, cut into slices
- Melt chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat until mixture is pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted, for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter six 1-cup souffle dishes.
- Sprinkle with sugar; tap out excess.
- Divide batter among dishes.
- Bake until cakes are set on top but tester inserted into center comes out with thick wet batter still attached, for about 15 minutes.
- Cool cakes on rack for 15 minutes.
- Spoon puréed raspberries onto 6 plates.
- Run sharp knife around cakes.
- Turn out 1 cake onto sauce on each plate.
- Garnish with banana slices.