Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the kind my mother always made and it always comes out nice and creamy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for five minutes and then add remaining ingredients.
- Beat until spreading consistency.
Excellent! Fudge icing on a chocolate cake, my famly were in heaven! I won't tell them how easy this was to make! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe that will be made for many birthdays.
Didnt have large marshmallows so I eyeballed the small ones and just kept adding them til it was the right consistency. Absolutely fantastic, my new fav chocolate icing! Thanks for sharing!
My daughter picked this out for her birthday icing (three layer yellow cake). This was a snap to make (like fudge) and I set the saucepan to cool for about an hour and half. It was perfectly thick and frosted beautifully with a slightly hardened sheen.My whole family LOVED this icing. It made for a beautiful classic cake. Thanks to Kaykwilts and her mom! Roxygirl