Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A wonderful treat. My family loves these and they are great for a potluck or any occasion.
Top Review by nranger7
Very good. Simple to make. I was out of clean saucepans so I melted the topping ingredients in the mircowave. That worked great. Like one of the other reviewers, I didn't bother spreading the marshmallow. I used Rice Chex instead of Rice Krispies. Forgot to add the cereal before spreading the topping so I just crumbled it and spread it on top. Not pretty, but still tastes good! :)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 15x10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; bake 2-3 minutes longer.
- Using a knife, dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over cake; cool.
- For topping: combine chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Spread immediately over bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.