Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, stiring in nuts, if desired.
- Spread in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the base.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Then take a knife, dipped in warm water, and spread the melted marshmallows evenly.
- For topping, mix chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and mixed.
- Remove from heat, stir in cereal, and spread over bars.
- Chill in fridge until cool and ready to cut.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation