Recipe by daisygrl64
This rich, dark chocolate marbled cheesecake, on a almond crust is meant for those with a passion for chocolate. Looks so rich :) just don't count calories! If you are counting calories, it is forgiven over the Holiday Season ;) Preperation time includes setting time. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 ounces blanched almonds, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 325*F.
- in large mixer bowl combine sugar and cream cheese. beat at medium speed scraping bowl often until light and fluffy.
- continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until creamy.
- add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds.
- continue beating, scraping bowl often until well mixed.
- by hand fold in melted chocolate chips to swirl chocolate throughout batter for marble effect.
- lightly butter 9" springform pan; press almonds firmly on bottom of pan.
- pour batter into prepared pan.
- bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until set.
- turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven for 2 hours.
- loosen sides of cheesecake from pan by running knife around inside of pan.
- cool completely.
- cover, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- store refrigerated.