Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's 2, 2, 2 desserts in 1! These are delicious chocolate muffins with an awsome coconut macaroon filling. These are quick and easy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Muffins: Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and pour into well.
- Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling 1/3 full.
- Spoon 2 tsp of filling into center of each muffin cup.
- Spoon remaining batter over tops, filling each until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
These were good, although I found the muffin a little dry. It was tasty though. I think I'll use fresher coconut next time, and a little bit more condensed milk. Glad that it wasn't too sweet. I included a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips for some added yum. Thanks for the recipe!
Delicious and very easy to make, we loved them especially the centre. Well done!
Well, My Dear, you've done it again! These muffins are ever so yummie! I followed your recipe to the letter and they came out just right. I'd like to try the macaroon filling in my regular ole chocolate cupcakes! Bet that'll dress 'em up! Thanks for posting another winner, Karen. These are Big-Time Keepers! Laudee C.