These are rich and delicious but easy to make with simple ingredients. I got these from my cousin Maria who rolled them in chocolate sprinkles but I prefer them dipped in melted chocolate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and mix with lemon zest and cognac.
- Finely crush biscuits and mix in a large bowl with sugar and cocoa.
- Warm up milk to lukewarm and add to bowl with dry ingredients.
- Immediately add the butter mixture and combine well.
- Allow to firm up for at least 4 hours, or place in deep freeze for 30 minutes.
- Roll into small balls and place on foil-lined tray. Keep cold.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and dip each ball in and allow chocolate to set.
- You can roll these in chocolate sprinkles, crushed walnuts, cocoa powder or whatever else you like.
- They last a week in the fridge in a sealed container.