Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Posting this to a request in the RR forum. It is a really easy recipe to put together, but does take a little time, due to the layering and chilling. Make the day before you want to serve it.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 (4 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- First Layer: Mix flour, pecans and margarine.
- Spread and press in a 9 X 13 in baking pan.
- Bake until brown on 350 degrees, 15- 20 minutes.
- Second Layer: Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar and 9 oz.
- Cool Whip.
- Spread over first layer after it has completely cooled.
- Third Layer: Mix pudding with milk.
- Spread over second layer.
- Fourth Layer: Spread 12 oz.
- Cool Whip on top and chill completely.
Fabulous dessert and relatively easy to make. I would recommend this highly and will definitely make it again using a different flavor of pudding, probably lemon which is a favorite of mine. Thanks so much!
fairly simple to make, delicous when finished, great for family gatherings. have had this dish for two years at thanksgiving and wanted to make it myself as well. i think that if you substitute chocolate for lemon it's good too.