Recipe by Jellyqueen
Posting this to a request in the RR forum. It is a really easy recipe to put together, but does take a little time, due to the layering and chilling. Make the day before you want to serve it.
Top Review by Marie
Fabulous dessert and relatively easy to make. I would recommend this highly and will definitely make it again using a different flavor of pudding, probably lemon which is a favorite of mine. Thanks so much!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 (4 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- First Layer: Mix flour, pecans and margarine.
- Spread and press in a 9 X 13 in baking pan.
- Bake until brown on 350 degrees, 15- 20 minutes.
- Second Layer: Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar and 9 oz.
- Cool Whip.
- Spread over first layer after it has completely cooled.
- Third Layer: Mix pudding with milk.
- Spread over second layer.
- Fourth Layer: Spread 12 oz.
- Cool Whip on top and chill completely.