1/4 Photos of Chocolate Layer Cake With Raspberry Cream Filling
1 hr 30 mins
A nicely decorated chocolate cake always makes an impressive presentation, even if it is semi-homemade. Adding raspberry cream filling between layers and a rich, chocolate-raspberry ganache on top, gives ordinary chocolate cake a hint of elegance and interest. Prep time will vary depending on time spent decorating.
My Private Note
layer c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) box chocolate cake mix, prepared as directed
RASPBERRY CREAM FILLING
- 16 ounces prepared chocolate frosting, not whipped
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- 2Prepare Chocolate Cake according to package directions in two 9 inch cake pans.
- 3Cool completely. For best results and time permitting, place the layers in freezer until firm.
- 4RASPBERRY CREAM FILLING.
- 5Place softened cream cheese and jam in a mixing bowl and cream together until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until it reaches desired consistency. Use more or less than 2 cups, as desired.
- 7Frost only ONE of the cooled layers leaving a 1 inch unfrosted margin all around the edge of the layer. Then place the other layer on the Raspberry Filling. The top layer will push the Raspberry Filling toward the edges of the cake, that's why it's important to leave the 1 inch margin.
- 8CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- 9Beat the frosting in mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- 10Completely frost the sides of the cake.
- 11Put remaining frosting in decorating bag. Using a large star tip, create a shell border around the top of the cake. The border will keep the ganache on top of the cake. Place cake in refrigerator until ganache is ready.
- 12RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE GANACHE.
- 13Combine cocoa, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and whisk.
- 14Gradually add water and jam, continue to whisk the mixture.
- 15Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- 16Remove from the heat and stir in raspberry liqueur, if using.
- 17Let cool slightly.
- 18Remove cake from refrigerator and pour/spread ganache on top.
- 19Garnish with candies or raspberries.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Layer Cake With Raspberry Cream Filling
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 481.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 74.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g