Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a WONDERFUL no cook dessert and fabulously unique. Lovely enough for dinner parties and great for any laid back occasion, too :) It sounds like a lot of work, but it's not really, and it is soooooo worth it!!!(Chill time not included in prep)
- 1 (24 count) package ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua, divided
- 6 eggs, separated
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- Separate ladyfingers on a paper towel and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Kahlua.
- Arrange ladyfingers around bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart dish or use 3 each in the bottom of 8 individual dessert dishes.
- Beat egg yolks lightly in a large bowl and stir in 2 tbl of cooled melted chocolate.
- Stir in remaining chocolate.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks at high speed.
- Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in 1/4 cup Kahlua.
- Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until well combined and evenly colored.
- Spoon mixture into dish or dishes.
- Cover and chill several hours or until firm.
- Dollop or pipe Kahlua Cream on top.
- To prepare KAHLUA Cream: Beat cream until thickened.
- Beat in sugar and Kahlua until desired consistency is reached.