Three kinds of ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce in a chocolate crust!! How very yummy! Haven't tried it yet, keeping it here for safekeeping. Found in the cookbook, Chocolate Therapy by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley. Prep time is a guess. Cooking time doesn't include freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Mix crumbs and butter; press firmly on bottom and sides of pan. Bake till set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3For sauce:.
- 4Combine 1st 3 ingredients in saucepan and bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Let stand at room temperature until cool and slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 5Place alternate scoops of the three ice creams in a single layer in the crust and flatten slightly. Drizzle with 1/2 cup chocolate sauce and freeze until sauce sets, about 10 minutes. Top with remaining ice cream, alternating the flavors and mounding in the center. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- 6Using small spoon, drizzle melted white chocolate over pie, freeze until set, about 10 minutes.
- 7Stir remaining chocolate sauce over low heat just until warm. Serve with pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream
chocolate fudge brownie ice cream