Recipe by IAcupcake
Three kinds of ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce in a chocolate crust!! How very yummy! Haven't tried it yet, keeping it here for safekeeping. Found in the cookbook, Chocolate Therapy by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley. Prep time is a guess. Cooking time doesn't include freezing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate fudge brownie ice cream
- 1 pint cookies-and-cream ice cream
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Mix crumbs and butter; press firmly on bottom and sides of pan. Bake till set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For sauce:.
- Combine 1st 3 ingredients in saucepan and bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Let stand at room temperature until cool and slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Place alternate scoops of the three ice creams in a single layer in the crust and flatten slightly. Drizzle with 1/2 cup chocolate sauce and freeze until sauce sets, about 10 minutes. Top with remaining ice cream, alternating the flavors and mounding in the center. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using small spoon, drizzle melted white chocolate over pie, freeze until set, about 10 minutes.
- Stir remaining chocolate sauce over low heat just until warm. Serve with pie.