Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old recipe that my mother made. It is different from most, in that it is very rich, but oh so good. When you mix it the second time, it will lumpy, but smooths out and is perfect.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa and 1/3 cup of milk to make a paste.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in rest of milk, and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add margarine and vanila and beat with mixer. Let cool.
- When cool, beat with mixer again.
- Place into 1 baked 9" pie shell.
- After cool, top with whipped cream.
Had far to much cocoa. Would not make again. My husband nor I liked this pie. We had a few bites of our slices and threw away the entire pie.