Recipe by RecipeNut
To make these candies, use three plastic heart-shaped molds with 18 (I'/i-inch) cavities per mold.
- 1 lb milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange oil
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, in 1 to 2 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 Ib.
- chocolate and orange oil in medium bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Temper using 4 oz.
- Using pastry bag or heavy resealable plastic bag with comer cut off or teaspoon, fill heart-shaped cavities of molds almost to rims with chocolate Tap bottom of molds several times on work surface as they are filled to release air bubbles.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until bottoms of molds appear frosted and chocolate is set.
- Invert onto waxed paper, flexing sides or tapping back of molds to release chocolate.
- If chocolate resists, refrigerate an addtional 5 minutes.
- If desired, brush each heart lightly with gold dust.
- Spread remaining chocolate on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until set; store in airtight container.