Top Review by Emily C
It's a super duper sweet pie, but this could be because I found some toffee bits loitering in the pantry and decided why not?!?! It's GOOD, really good, y'all! But be sure to have some MILK on hand! You'll need a glass (or three!) to get through a piece. And 4-6 servings?! Aim higher... I easily got 8 servings out of mine. This recipe is going in the "REPEAT" file!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled chopped and toasted hazelnuts
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 store bought frozen pie crust, defrosted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and the flour. Add the eggs, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir well. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool the tart for at least 30 minutes before serving.