Recipe by SaraEMiller
This is an absolutely to die for recipe! I've tweaked it a little to make it my own, hope everyone enjoys.
- 1 cup Godiva milk chocolate liqueur
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 and flour a 9 inch, springform cake pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt in separate bowl. Cream butter and sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Adjust speed to low and add chocolate. Add in flour mixture until well blended. Add half of the buttermilk and half of the liquor, alternating until all are mixed well. Batter will be thicker than most box mixes.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let cake cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen edges. Let cool for another 10 minutes, then release the sides of the pan.
- (This can also be used to make a layer cake, divide batter accordingly.).