This is divine to eat and never lasts long in my house. In hot weather store in the fridge for extra taste. The recipe is easily doubled.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl. Add melted butter, vanilla essence and egg.
- Mix well. Press mix over base of greased 28cm x 18cm tin.
- Bake in moderate oven (180°C) for 20 minutes.
- Icing: In a small bowl sift confectioners sugar and cocoa. Melt the butter and add to bowl. Mix until smooth and glossy.
- Cool the base in its tin and when cold ice with the chocolate icing mixture.
- Cut into bars when set.