Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a cutting in a magazine, I'm not a fan of chocolate and orange paired so I omitted that and added what I could find in my cupboard fruity and nut wise.
- Prepare the nuts and place in a large bowl with the fruit. Break the biscuits into different sized chunks either using hands or placing in a plastic bag and smashing against a kitchen cabinet. Add to the fruit and nut mix.
- Place a saucepan with hot water in on the stove and place a glass bowl on top, making sure the water doesn't touch the bowl. Place the butter, chocolate (broken into pieces to melt quicker) and the golden syrup into the bowl and stir until all has melted.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and pour ontop of the fruit and nut mix, encorportating it fully with a spoon. Try not to crush the biscuits up even more in this process.
- Grease and line with parchment paper a 28cm cake tin and pour the contents into it, refrigerating for a minimum of two hours to allow it to harden.
- You could use shortbread instead of digestives, fruit mixes which you can get from health shops can be used. I used one with papaya and dried dates in which was equally as yummy.
- White chocolate chunks can also be added into the fruit and nut mix, along with minature marshamallows.