If you ask me, there's nothing better than chocolate for breakfast! This scrumptious recipe comes from Hersheys, although as usual I added my own notes about how to make it low-fat and dairy-free. I would definitely recommend including the optional cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters to make this low-fat)
- 3/4 cup milk (or soy milk to make it dairy-free)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hershey's cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 -10 pieces thickly sliced bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- 1Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, if desired, in large bowl until smooth.
- 2Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with margarine, if necessary (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- 3Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 4Serve immediately with powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.9 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g