Fudge-filled oatmeal goodness. Makes a lot so you have plenty to share. Great warm with ice cream on top (or even for breakfast since they have oatmeal :).
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml powdered instant coffee
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oats
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan (10x15 or so).
- In large mixer bowl cream margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and instant coffee.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Batter will be stiff, stir in last part by hand, if necessary.
- Reserve approximately 2 cups dough. Press remainder evenly over bottom of jelly roll pan.
- Prepare chocolate filling:.
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cocoa and sugar.
- Add sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread filling over oatmeal mixture in pan. Sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture over chocolate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Chocolate will stay soft.
So good! My 6 year old said "give it 5 stars Mom", they are delicious & pretty easy to make. I omitted the instant coffee, since I didn't have any & it was delicious that way. But next time I will buy it because you can't go wrong with coffee & chocolate!<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Tastes just like the Fudge Jumbles Mom made from a box when I was a kid!