1/1 Photo of Chocolate Espresso Torte
1 hr 25 mins
This is a flourless, rich, dense cake which is as creamy as cheesecake- so serve tiny slices. It is a passover recipe (just make sure to dust the pan with Passover cake meal instead of flour) but would be delicious year round. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Grease 9" springform pan.
- 3Place wax paper on bottom of pan, grease and flour; set aside.
- 4Place butter, sugar and espresso in a double boiler and heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Pour hot liquid over chocolate and stir until dissolved; set aside.
- 6Beat eggs and yolks until frothy; add to the chocolate mixture and pour into pan Bake for 1 hour; edges should crack slightly.
- 7Remove from oven and cool; cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (when you remove it from the oven, it won't look done- it isn't!).
- 8Remove from pan and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 9Garnish with strawberries and a a mint leaf if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Espresso Torte
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 240.8 mg
- Sodium 159.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g