Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not usually a fan of cream but I have to admit to liking the occasional chocolate eclair. Here is a recipe my mother used to make. The yield is a guess.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the water and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the sifted flour and salt and beat well.
- Heat again until the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a few moments before adding the first egg.
- Beat this well into the mixture and then add the other two eggs one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon.
- Make sure the mixture is soft by shaking some off a spoon, it will fall softly and leave some on the spoon.
- Eclairs: Put the choux pastry in a biscuit forcer or something similar with a 1/2 inch or 1 inch plain forcer.
- Force out 1/2 inches of mixture on a lightly greased tray.
- Bake in a moderate over[350F] for 35-40 minutes.
- Ice with chocolate icing when cold, and fill with whipped cream.
Very easy to make and very tasty. I filled them with Recipe #159469, topped with Recipe #31877, for a diabetic friendly dessert. I got 12 eclairs.
i never knew it was so easy to make eclairs thankyou loverly