Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe that I like to make instead of cookies or a pie for dessert. They are a light and dainty and a little more impressive than cookies. Last minute company? This is your dessert! I always keep a pie crust in the freezer, you know you have everything else here.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. With fork, seal edges together and pierce holes in top. Brush with milk. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat; drizzle over wedges.