Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy and yummy. A boxed cake mix, that is super dressed up!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package fudge cake mix, without pudding
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- Combine all ingredients except frosting in a large mixing bowl; beat 4 minutes at medium speed with an ele4ctric mixer. POur batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Bake at 325F for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, let cool on wire racks.
- Spread Sour Cream Chocolate frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting: Place chocolate in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts. Cool.
- Combine chocolate and sour cream. Add sugar alternately with milk,bating at med. speed until smooth.