Chocolate Dream Cake
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 15"x10" pan with wax paper.
- Wisk together cocoa, sugar and boiling water.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Prepare cake mix to pkg. directions, using the water and adding the cocoa mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or till top looks dry.
- Invert onto large rack.
- Remove pan and wax paper and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve coffee in milk.
- Add whip topping& pudding mixes.
- Beat on low speed till moistened, then high speed till soft peaks form.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds, cover each with topping, then stack.
- (I'll probably skip the stacking and just frost& serve) Chill for 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!