Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious chocolate cupcakes. I like it best with 7 minute frosting.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 23 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread with frosting desired.