Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Can't wait to try this crunchy chocolate bark that combines rice crispies cereal with nuts and of course, three different chocolates.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup toasted almond, chopped (or macadamia nuts)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. In a double boiler, melt the semisweet and milk chocolates with the butter and oil over hot (not simmering) water, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the top part of the double boiler and let the chocolate cool to tepid (the chocolate may thicken slightly as it cools).
- Stir the nuts, cereal and white chocolate pieces into the cooled melted chocolate and pour the mixture out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread to the desired thickness. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes, or until set. Slide a metal spatula under the chocolate to loosen from the foil. Break into uneven pieces. Prep time includes refrigeration time.