This recipe was adapted from More Make a Mix Cookery. It uses Crumb Cake Mix recipe 121352. It serves 4 and is wonderful for a small group or family. This cake can be easily garnished with fresh sliced strawberries or chocolate curls or even eaten plain with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups crumb cake mix (Crumb Cake Mix)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray a non-stick 8 inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Add cake mix and remaining ingredients for the cake to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 4With electric mixer, beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until thoroughly mixed and batter is smooth.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- 7For the frosting, add all ingredients except milk to a medium size bowl.
- 8Beat until creamy adding milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired spreading consistency.
- 9Garnish as desired, strawberries make a nice garnish.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.6
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 57.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crumb cake mix