Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Our family has been making these little guys to add to holiday cookie baskets since 1987. They freeze well, so you can make them early. The recipe's from one of my favorite junior league cookbooks, "Creme de Colorado".
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and chill, covered.
- For chocolate coating, melt German and semisweet chocolates, and paraffin wax in top of double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Use a toothpick to insert in each ball, dipping balls into chocolate mixture, one at a time.
- Set balls on wax paper to harden.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
My friend Dione gave me this recipe.... and it rocked my world!!! These are so good & sooo addictive! I used 4 cups of powdered sugar and used 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips to dip. Great recipe!
I use to make these years ago but had lost my old recipe. I fixed this recipe for family and friends over the holidays. They were a bigger hit than my old recipe.
Took these to Christmas with the family. Everyone was in heaven! Thanks for the recipe. I put the chocolate and wax in my electric fondue pot - talk abou easy!!!