Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the www.crisco.com website. The picture on the website is beautiful.
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- MELT chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on MEDIUM (50% power) for 2 minutes; stir until smooth. Combine with brown sugar, oil and vanilla in medium bowl. Mix well.
- ADD eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours.*
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE powdered sugar in shallow dish or large resealable food storage bag. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar or add to bag and shake to coat.
- PLACE about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly. Cool on wire rack.
- TIP* Chilling the dough before baking is an important step to ensure the crackled finish.
I lost my recipe for these cookies and am so happy to find it here. Made these for Christmas 2010 and put Hershey Candy Cane Kisses on each cookie after baking while still hot. Very good.