Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I found this neat recipe in a old cookbook.I really love finding unique things like this. It sounds a bit silly with the time it requires,overnight,for 2 nights.But,really,other than that,it is a really great recipe. Besides,you can brag to all your friends that you made home-made marshmallows! 8) heh (Prep time,of course,includes refridgerating,and overnight steps)
- 4 ounces gum arabic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- melted chocolate-flavored candy coating
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the gum arabic in water overnight.
- Next,strain into a double boiler.
- Add the sugar,cooking until mix thickens.
- Remove from heat,adding in the extract,& stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Beat until mix is stiff.
- Dust a pan with equal amounts of cornstarch& confectioners sugar.
- Pour mixture into pan,dust top with cornstarch mixture.
- Let this stand overnight,then cut into pieces.
- Dip each in chocolate.