- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup volume)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F COMBINE eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium bowl with a wire whisk.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle chunks over bottom of crust.
- Pour pecan mixture into pie shell.
- BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from center comes out with little bits of filling attached.
- If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours; refrigerate until serving time.