Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are verry sweet but really good. Go great with a big glass of milk.
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix (Hungry Jack- just add water)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat a large skillet or griddle pan to 375 or medium-high heat and lightly oil.
- Combine pancake mix, cocoa powder, water, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until bubbles form and pop.
- Butter and drizzle chocolate syrup if wanted. Enjoy!
These pancakes are good but extremely rich. In tasting a bit of the batter, I found it to be bitter from the cocoa powder however once cooked the chocolate chips overcome that bitterness. I just ate mine with a bit of butter spread on the top as they are so sweet.