Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Decadent and creamy, this pie is definitely not for the weight-conscious. Make one to sweeten up your in-laws and take the other to work for your skinny co-workers! Taken from The Deen Bros. Cookbook, and if you know Paula, everything she approves is totally delicious.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease two 9-inch pie plates; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the 3 cups chocolate chips and, if desired, the walnuts.
- Divide the dough between the prepared pie plates and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until pies are golden and slightly firm to the touch but still soft. If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking.
- Let pies cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the pies cool, whip the cream until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Add the confectioners' sugar and whip until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to use.
- Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve.
This pie is SO good served with the chocolate chip whipped cream, a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips and a drizzle of chocolate over the top! My husband and sons loved it!
This is an amazing pie...and it makes two! Easy to make and soooooooooooo delish! I like to make them for pot lucks and the tins are always clean :)
This was sooooo good!!! I haven't had a chocolate chip pie in years and this brought back memories... My family really enjoyed this and even the kids who aren't big on whipped cream really enjoyed that too! Made just as posted and it was super easy to put together. I will be making this again! Thanks for posting! Made for photo tag 08'