Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
These cookies usually get eaten before I'm even done making them, which makes them great for parties or taking in to the office.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Mix together margarine, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls (add more flour if dough is too sticky to roll). Roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and lightly press the tops of the cookies with a spoon to slightly flatten the tops. This helps prevent the cookies from losing their shape.
- Let cool and enjoy.