Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eat while hot so the chocolate is all gooey!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat fry pan (griddle or skillet for Americans).
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients and beat into dry mixture until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour or spoon batter into fry pan in desired quantity.
- Flip when top begins to bubble, then cook a minute more.
Probably the yummiest pancakes I've ever made. Even though I love chocolate and have a giant sweet tooth, I think I would reduce the chocolate chips to 1/2 to 3/4 cup next time. No syrup was even needed! I used the mini chocolate chips which worked great. Pancakes didn't turn out perfectly round, but who cares! They were delicious and the kiddos loved them (mom, too)! Loved the hint of cinnamon and vanilla. It made about 12-13 pancakes using 1/4 cup scoop. Yummy!
The only thing not perfect was...I used 1/2 cup of mini choc chips...and that was still really sweet and they were the semi sweet kind. I wouldn't use a whole cup! Otherwise, amazing and a keeper of a recipe. I prepared the batter left it lumpy and let it sit for five to ten minutes till bubbles formed in the batter...Light and fluffy, I also used a non stick pan so there were no problems there either!
The best pancake recipe I've ever tried, by far! I ran out of vanilla though, so I replaced it with maple syrup and it tastes just as good! Added some bacon as a finishing touch and it tasted divine!