Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A yummy chocolate loaf with marzipan chunks and chocolate chips!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Marzipan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 115 g butter (preferably unsalted)
- 150 g light muscovado sugar or 150 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g marzipan, chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain chocolate chips or 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour a 20 x 11 cm (8" x 4") loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder, fold in the batter.
- Mix chopped marzipan and chocolate chips in a bowl; set aside about 4 tablespoons and fold the rest into the cake batter mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, level the top and sprinkle the reserved marzipan and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until risen and firm. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.
My brother requested a chocolate marzipan cake for his birthday and i came across this recipe. Very easy to make. I found the batter was very dry so I added a tablespoon of natural yogurt. Once cooked it tasted absolutely gorgeous! Will make it again very soon :)
This recipe is absolutely divine. I had never heard of marzipan until this past year. I have been baking for years and love finding new recipes to try. This is my new favorite cake. The only issue I have is the thickness of the batter and how dry the cake turns out when cooked fully. I only cooked the cake for around 40 minutes and the center was perfect. The outside edges were a little dry for my liking but this time around I'm going to experiment with the batter to see if I can't come up with something a little more moist. Thank you for sharing such a wondrous dessert.