Recipe by HoosierMomOf5
I found this recipe on the Dollar Stretcher site. These aren't what I would call "granola" bars but, it doesn't matter what you name them, they're good! I like them better with raisin instead of the chocolate chips.
Top Review by rachelii
I changed it up so I need to rate this that way I won't loose my version of this. Follow Recipe, left out wheat germ cause I didn't have any but added 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup craisins, 3/4 chopped almonds, and 3/4 cup coconut. baked for 22 minutes. PHENOMENAL!!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Add the honey, vanilla, egg and mix well.
- Blend in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.