Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
this was always a hit at my house growing up. I like it hot out of the oven or any other time, day or night. Great with a big glass of milk.
- Combine the dry ingredients (excluding chocolate) for the cake together in a medium bowl Combine the wet ingredients for the cake in a large bowl, stir.
- Mix the dry ingredientsinto the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake at 350F 45-50 minutes.
This cake was extremely easy to make and the kids really enjoyed it. I did not leave it in for the full baking time as it was completely baked in just 30 minutes. I also did not have mini choc chips and used regular ones. I will make this cake again.
Definitely enjoyed the smell in the kitchen during baking. I'd reduce the chocolate chip content next time. Otherwise, delicious!
We had a great breakfast this morning with the crumb cake. I did not have the full 2 cups for the cake so I used 1 1/2 cups and it still tasted great. Thank you for the recipe Erin!